My name is Emanuel Mukugu, pastor of Kabalongo Christian Prayer Center. Am so happy to share the joy that I and my church have due to what God has done for us. My church was started two years ago meeting in a rented room and time reached when we could not fit there since the church was growing. We could also face the problem of paying house rent and they could increase rent from time to time.
The church continued to pray for about a year and half we get our own land and put up a temporary shelter for us to worship our God there. One of the days I was called by Pastor Fred Tumwebaze and getting there I was so shocked to hear that we had received $1300, enough to buy us land for the church. He said God has provided through a church in Arkansas. I went home happy and very early I went to see the man who had promised to sell us land but the man was wanting to cheat us by not selling us the whole portion as he had shown us before, but glory be to God for his way of working, as I left that man alone I met another man who told me that he was selling his land and I said let us go and see it. The land was very good and 4 times bigger than the previous land so we paid for that land.
The church family came together and we put up a shelter and it was great joy to use it the first Sunday and it is still joy up to now. We are now working hard so that we can make bricks to build a permanent church building.
I would love to reach our thanks to Mountain View General Baptist Church for supporting us and we pray that my God bless you.
Baby Watch 2010
Joan, Pastor Fred, and Jeremiah are expecting the arrival of a new baby late June or early July. Pray for all four (4) members of the family as they await the day of this blessed event.
Help Avoid Delays
You can help avoid delays in the processing of your gifts to REACH by the following:
- Be sure to use the new address, especially for Auto-check payments.
- Include UG/# and/or UP/# on your checks, especially Auto-checks (no remittance slip).
- Identify purpose of extra gifts on remittance form or by email to Rodney if auto-payment.
- Mail checks in time for payment to arrive BY the 10th of the month (late payments are processed the next month).
Ways to Help
* Pray for The Tumwebaze Family and safe delivery of a healthy new baby.
* Pray for maize (corn) harvest.
* Consider leading out as a fundraiser for REACH projects. For information contact Pastor Rodney by email or US Mail.
* Donate airline mileage—Friends of REACH have donated time and talent to produce an updated DVD to report on the work of REACH. Help this crew get to Uganda by donating your airline mileage. Contact Pastor Rodney if you are interested in helping in this manner.